Well, I'm still doing it. I already have an appointment to get my hair cut on Wednesday, which will fall on Day Six.
My goal is to revolutionize my hair. That may be a weighty ideal, but I figure I might as well give it my all if I'm going to do it! I want to get my hair cut so that I don't look like frumpy mom and I want to take care of my hair so that it is easier to work with.
And so I present...
You might look at this picture and say, "Your hair doesn't look so bad!" and I would appreciate the compliment, but let me give you a few facts:
- I spent approximately 30 minutes making my hair look like this, which is not time that I have available every day unless I want to get up before 6 a.m., which I don't, in case you're wondering.
- I have not had my hair cut since before Cohen was born. He will be 21 months next week, so... yeah.
It's time to get my hair cut, and it's time to figure out a way to make things easier!
I know that the #1 issue with "doing" my hair is the amount of time it takes to blow dry it. I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but my hair is incredibly thick. It weighs like 20 pounds on its own. Getting some of the length taken off will help, but it's still super thick. Someone recommended asking the stylist to thin it out - partially by adding layers, and partially by using a razor to take out some of the hair in the middle. I'm willing to give this a try, even though it mildly terrifies me.
An obvious way to get out of the blow drying issue would also be not to wash my hair every day. I have long heard of the no-shampooers, and it intrigues me, but the one time I tried it, it was a disaster. My hair was super oily.
I'm trying again using a multitude of tips gathered from various people. Here are the things I'm trying:
- Work up to not washing with shampoo every day. My plan is to try only using shampoo every other day at first, and only using conditioner on the off days. After a week I will re-assess.
- If, at that point, I feel good about the results, I will try using a baking soda wash/vinegar rinse, and maybe shampoo only every three days, with the goal being to only shampoo once a week (probably on Sundays).
- On the days I do shampoo, I will blow dry my hair.
- I will use dry shampoo as necessary on the days when I don't shampoo.
I plan to take a picture of my hair every day for as long as this experiment lasts!
In the meantime, I'm scouring the Internet for an idea of a haircut that I can show to the stylist on Wednesday. Any thoughts?